You are here

Joe Coughlin, Editor
2:54 pm CST February 19, 2015

Mark and Amy Loendorf were on opposite sides of the Woman’s Club of Wilmette as it was ravaged by flames the morning of Feb. 17. 

But they were watching the same thing: their clothes, treasures, possessions and their home burn. 

As the caretaker and custodian of the clubhouse, Loendorf lived in a second-floor apartment within the building, where the fire reportedly began. 

But as the Loendorfs stared helplessly at the flames, the Wilmette community was already working to provide aid.